Taking lack of sleep & its Effect on Heart Palpitations
Lack of sleeping is a very common issue that is spread all around us. We had read about many sleep disorders which effects to our health and daily routine life in our previous articles in our page recall sleep but today here in this article we’re going to tell you more about sleep deprivation effect on our heart palpitation. As some people doesn’t ever notice that taking lack of sleep can be a strong reason which can effect & harm to their heart. Let’s find out how?
Heart Palpitation- Heart palpitation is an experience which some people feel that their heart has missed a beat or added extra beats. It is abnormal heart rhythms where your heart beats get fast, slow, or irregular which is in medical term known as arrhythmia.
How sleep deprivation can affect to your heart?
Lack of sleep or sleep deprivation often causes many health related problems like daytime sleepiness, laziness, obesity, brain stroke, stress, and anxiety. But along with these issues sleep deprivation also affects on your heart rate or heart palpitations. This is not a true fact that heart palpitation always caused by any kind of heart disease. Our nervous system plays an essential role in the functioning of our heart as it is responsible for sending the electrical signals to our heart which tells him to beat. Thus in case of sleep deprivation our heart fails to get these signals properly and which results to heart palpitations.
People with inadequate sleep have the higher chance of facing cardiovascular disease. People with sleep deprivation which may be caused by one of sleep related disorder like sleep apnea often have compromised hearth health because lack of resting form deep and long period activates certain chemicals that keep the body from achieving extended time in which heart rate and blood pressure lower down. Over time, this can lead to higher blood pressure and great risk of having cardiovascular problem. It has been found in studies that a person with sleep apnea problem from a long time has 58% more likely to develop congestive heart failure except a person who doesn’t have sleep related issue.
Main causes of heart palpitation from sleep deprivation
- Stress and anxiety
- Excessive Drinking of Caffeine or drinking it before going to sleep.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- High or low blood sugar level let you stay awake at night and directly effects to your heart palpitations.
- If some is having anemia problem, then he often faces the trouble while sleeping and as usual lead to abnormal of heart beats.
- Sleep apnea
- Sleep related movement disorders
- If you’re habitual of smoking
- When oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood is low.
- Sudden shock or awakening from horrible dream while sleeping.
- Weakness in body.
Syndromes of heart palpitations
Usually heart palpitation doesn’t harms to you but when these symptoms occur in you then you should need to be attentive to treat it:
- Loss of consciousness is common
- Feeling lazy and dizziness in the day time.
- Often having a great pain in arms, neck, chest, upper back or jaw.
- Facing Difficulty while breathing.
- Your pulse heart rate extended by 100 beats per minutes.
- Feeling weak and dull.
- Excessive pain and pressure in your chest.
Treatment for heart palpitation
As we know that when heart palpitation is effected by sleep deprivation or from getting lack of sleep then our first and most important priority is to uproot the basic cause that is sleep deprivation. The causes that we had mentioned above are basically relates sleep deprivation problems. For example when we unable to get enough sleep then there may be have some reason like having sleep apnea problem, drinking caffeine, anemia, etc… which as a result directly effects to your heart beats. So, you need to take some steps to lessen the chances of getting heart palpitations.
- First you should have to identify your root cause which effects to your sleep.
- Change your life style and stop such habits like drinking caffeine at night, smoking, etc…which affects your sleep. You can choose these 4 7 drinks instead of caffeine drinks like tea or coffee.
- Regular Exercise is essential which helps you to get easy and comfortable sleep at night,
- Switch to 5 Eat healthy food and avoid unhealthy food items.
- Don’t eat such food which raises your high blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- If you’re having some stress and anxiety then try to relax your mind with warm bath, deep breathing and meditation before sleeping.